Estimator for Cabinetry, Millwork
Burmeister Woodwork Company has been creating unique interiors for some of the finest homes in Wisconsin and Illinois for more than 80 years. The company provides the very highest quality design and production of custom cabinetry, stairways and millwork. Working with architects, contractors, designers and homeowners, we have built a reputation in the industry based on delivering high-end products, on time and on budget. We are a growing company positioned for long term success.
We have an immediate opening for an Estimator to work as part of our estimating team. The Estimator must be responsive to Sales bidding activities and schedules, able to carefully interpret detailed architectural and interior design drawing and specification packages to prepare accurate cost estimates using a cloud based automation software.
Apply for this position
- Working knowledge of cabinetry design, architectural and interior design drawings and specifications.
- Construction drafting experience and/or demonstrated ability to interpret architectural drawings for product design, configuration, costing and installation.
- Working knowledge of construction trade practices sufficient to be able to make educated decisions in case of incomplete and/or inaccurate source documentation.
- Demonstrated experience with office automation software in a networked computing environment.
- Must be reliable and detail oriented.
- An ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently.
- Committed work ethic and a positive and cooperative attitude.
- Retrieval and review of bid documents related to bid proposals.
- Preparation of spreadsheets that convert current manufacturing, finishing and installation costs into summary formats needed to respond effectively to bids.
- Timely reporting of estimation work in process, expected completion dates, and other reports as requested by management.
- Active maintenance of the incoming bid proposals and performance to that schedule to ensure on-time completion.
- Maintenance of cost standards (labor, materials and outsourced product costs) in support of the estimation process.
Benefits include: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, 401K plan, Paid Vacation, STD-LTD and Life Insurance. This is a full time position with an immediate opening. Pay rate is based on experience.